iOS oversights

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by retry4z, Sep 12, 2014.

1. retry4z macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.2, and there are three things Apple needs to add to iOS 8:

1. Include keyboard shortcuts in iCloud. Currently, iCloud does not sync keyboard shortcuts. Since computer backups do include keyboard shortcuts, I believe this is oversight of the iClout functionality.

2. Include custom event creation on the iOS calendar app. I'd like to be able to make custom repeating events on customizable days of the week, like every Tuesday and Wednesday, without having to make two separate events. Currently, I can only do so on my iMac.

3. Include custom reminder creating in the iOS reminders app. I'd like to be able to create reminders for every four days, for example. Currently, I can only do so through Siri.

Inconsistencies with Custom Reminders & Calendars Apps in OS X and iOS:

In Calendar on the iPhone, you can’t customize a repeat – you have only a handful of choices, like every day, every week, etc. But you can in Calendar on the Mac (iMac, MacBook); for example, the third Thursday of every month. And strangely, when you do this on the Mac, it syncs to the iPhone, although you couldn’t do it on the iPhone directly.

In Reminders, you can’t customize a repeat either on the iPhone or the Mac; you get the same options as I mentioned above. But you can create the custom reminders on the iPhone through Siri, foe example, "remind to do laundry every four days".

So why can we create the custom reminders on the iPhone and iPad through Siri, or through Calendar for Mac OS X, but not natively in the iOS apps? Is it oversight or a strategic decision?

I how this will be resolved in iOS 8. These type of custom reminders aren’t even included in the giant Siri commands list from the assistant’s info panel, and I hope this will change too.

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Not sure of 2 or 3, but keyboard shortcuts do sync. Just now, I changed a shortcut on my iPad and in the time it took to put my iPad down, pick up my iPhone, and navigate to the shortcuts screen, the changes updated. Both iPhone and iPad are on 7.1.2.