Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gold47

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
I tried connecting a TV with an HDMI input to both my iPad & iPhone running 14 Beta 5 using a genuine Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter. Nothing. The devices did not seem to recognize the adaptor!

Tried with same models iPad & iPhone running iOS/PadOS 13.x -- worked fine!

Can't believe by Beta 5 Apple isn't aware of this -- no way to connect a non-AirPlay TV -- so I'm wondering if they've dropped support?

Apple's still selling the adaptor and nothing on the product page says it isn't.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
They shouldn't have dropped support, it's the only way to hook Lightning iPads to a monitor. You should file a bug report because it's likely a bug no one has reported and Apple may have overlooked.

Gold47

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
I filed two reports: one for the iPhone and one for the iPad. FeedBack app shows no other similar reports. Not listed in the release notes as an open issue either.

I can't believe a bug this obvious could make it to Beta 5 with no one noticing! (Unless it's not a bug)

Joga Nitharshan

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2020
I have the same issue. It was working fine with iOS14 beta 4, but Amazon Prime was not working. It was working fine on iOS13. So I filed a report on the feedback app. Now with beta 5 it's not working at all :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.