iOS photos app orientation problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RickyB, Aug 2, 2011.

1. RickyB macrumors regular

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this problem? On my iPad and iPhone, nearly every picture I have taken since the start of the year (and put on my iPad 2 and iPhone 3G) appears in landscape, even those which should be portrait.

Photos from last year seem to be fine.

This seems to apply to photos taken both with my Samsung camera (where I later had to adjust the orientation manually) and with my iPhone. These pictures have been copied to iPhoto and then synced via iTunes in the normal way. The photos appear normally in iPhoto '11. I am running Lion, but the same behavior happened under Snow Leopard, at least recently.

I have looked online and have seen some people with this problem, but no solutions that seem to work. It is not a problem with the orientation lock, however. I have also tried deleting the iPod Photo Cache folder in the iphoto library package.

Hope someone can help.

2. RickyB thread starter macrumors regular

Just in case anyone else has this problem, I was able to fix it by using the iPhoto Library Manager application on my Mac to create a new library which copied over all the photos, including Places and Faces data to a new library. I lost some calendars I'd made but that's not a problem.