iOS POS (point of sale) printer

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shawnw, May 17, 2011.

1. shawnw macrumors newbie

Morning guys,

This is kind of a generic iOS question, so if it's in the wrong place please let me know. My company and I are investigating using our existing fleet of iPhones or potentially iPads (if purchasing one is justified) to simplify our service division. The way we currently process service work is very cumbersome, and paper work intensive. We can process credit cards but its the sort of thing where we need to take down the info, and run it when we're back in the office. All of our paperwork is hand written (messy!), and our current forms are very dated.

Ideally I envision us being able to use something similar to what you see used at the Apple store. If we could write up a work order, have someone digitally sign it, and then print it for their records we'd really be able to streamline a lot of paperwork. I've been investigating printers, payment processing apps, etc... and I haven't really found anything ideal yet. I discovered the P25 printer by Blue Bamboo, but it still doesn't seem quite right. While the credit card reader is nice it's not a necessity and is actually the least desired feature. It also seems very limited in use with a 2" receipt.

In a perfect world we'd like:
    • Mobile printing
    • As close to 8.5"x11" as possible