ios profile anon sending data?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by finalcut, Nov 8, 2013.

1. finalcut macrumors 6502

Hello,

My employer has a BYOD plan where it installs 6 profiles on my device. It even modify my iphone to have a passcode to open it and I cant even disable it since the disable button is greyed.

I was wondering if the profiles can access to my personal data and send anything? Knowing all the app I've got installed and also my login/passwords?

thanks

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Most profiles give a clue about what they do in the title. You need to ask your employer what each one does to be sure. If it says VPN , then you should guess it provides access to your company VPN. Most should not be malicious, but ask just to be sure.

3. finalcut thread starter macrumors 6502

well, of course there is none saying it collects data! But the service acknowledgement was saying they will know what app is installed so they can delete my access for security reason.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Then I would get a clear explanation on what apps are forbidden. The downside on BYOD is you're now playing by their rules. Know the rules and you should not have a problem, at the same time know what is installed on your device. If they are not providing a clear explanation don't use your own device.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Without knowing if you also have an MDM app like Good or Mobile Iron, the quick answer is "yes" they can know everything about your phone, e.g., jailbroken, apps, location, etc, and what you do with it (SMS, e-mail, browsing).

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Everything? Even SMS or at least iMessages?

7. finalcut thread starter macrumors 6502