iOS requesting Apple ID Password

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by lpeedin, Apr 26, 2013.

1. lpeedin macrumors regular

Since upgrading to iOS 6.1.3 my iPhone 4 has reverted to requesting my password for any installs "and" updates to existing apps.

My iPad Mini, on the other hand never requests the password except for new installs.

Is there a setting somewhere that manages this or is this just differences in the iDevices?

Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I would log out of iTunes then log back in, might correct it.

3. lpeedin thread starter macrumors regular

Will try that, but which one is "wrong"?

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Under General > Restrictions > require password immediately will prompt for a password for everything

5. lpeedin thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, the setting different between my devices. I set it the same and will wait for the next app update.

6. aarmstrong27, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013

aarmstrong27 macrumors regular

My Restrictions are not enabled, however, for the last two weeks (approximately) my iPhone 5 AT&T has been asking for my apple ID password every time I turn it on or reboot it. I've carried every iPhone since the first one was released and have never had this problem. Tech Support has no idea what's going on, so I've been scouring the internet for resolutions.

Realized my password was outdated (less than 8 char and no capital) so I updated it and added a recovery email address. Logged out of everything on all devices (iPhone, MBA, ATV3) and logged back into everything. IPhone is still asking for password every time it's turned on.

MBA has also been asking for it for Messages every time I turn it on for the last week (1.5 wks maybe).

Thoughts???

Edit: The password works. It is not giving me any errors on any device. Just asking for the password on every start-up and re-boot.

7. sandwicher macrumors member

Log out and in to the App Store on your iPhone. That did the trick for me. I had the same problem.