iOS shared reminder-no alerts-pointless?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by cosmic68, Mar 27, 2013.

1. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

If I add a reminder to the list, it shows up on who I am sharing it with (my partner-on his ipad) however the notification for the reminder will not popup-it will on whoever creates it and vice versa. The same occurs if he creates a reminder. It shows up in both of our Reminders list, but only popups for the person who created the reminder. Is there a fix or work-around for this?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Always create a non shared personal data and a shared apps only account.

3. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmic68

I'm sorry to be thick, but I don't understand-could you elaborate? You can't have two accounts on one device, can you?

He needs his own reminder account, I need my own, but we need to share one set of iCloud reminders where we can both update and set alarms that will go off on each other devices, as at they moment-they don't.

Thanks!

4. bgro macrumors 6502a

yea i use shared reminders list too with my gf and neither of us gets reminders when adding a task. pretty pointless imo

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Your personal iCloud account is for syncing your personal stuff, it's not really geared towards groupware.

6. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmic68

Well you're right in as much as it doesn't work, but this particular feature is advertised as 'shared'.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You could create an Outlook.com account just for this purpose. Add the account to both devices. Outlook.com creates a reminders list for every calendar you add there...with the same name as the calendar. Alerts all users subscribed. Works for me.