iOS Sharing Location Question...Help

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jomirrivera, Sep 21, 2014.

1. jomirrivera macrumors 6502

Hello!

I have a question regarding sharing location in iOS 8.

As you may know, you can share your current location trough a imessages, but also you can chose to share your current location for one hour. What happens is that whe you chose to share your location for certain amount of time, you have to turn "share my location" on in the settings app.

The problem is that if I turn that setting on, I will be sharing my location with all my friends trough find my friends app. There doesn't seem to be way to turn "share my location" off just for the find my friends app while being able to share your location with just one friend trough imessages for certain amount of time.

If you chose to share your location for certain amount of time with a friend, you are forced to share your location with everyone you are friend with in find my friends.

Does anyone knows if I'm missing something??

I just want to share my location with a friend for some time but not with all the others.

2. jomirrivera thread starter macrumors 6502

3. X-X macrumors 6502

Find my Friends is only for constant sharing.

If you don't want to share your location with certain people constantly, don't add them to Find my Friends. Use the other methods like "Temporary".