iOS should have its own category...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by doug in albq, Jul 1, 2011.

1. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

maybe not below the fold, with all the other "Apple Systems and Services" but IMO, iOS needs its own category as OS X has...

I know this was discussed here before, but that was when iOS was mostly just for the iPhone, now it runs on multiple devices and there are many iOS specific discussions that have no real happy place to exist.

iPhone category is already too crowded...spread the wealth.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

:confused:

This particular subforum is

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Isn't the "iPhone, iPod and iPad" level what you are suggesting?

B

3. doug in albq thread starter Suspended

doug in albq

I am suggesting an entire category for iOS, put in a subforum or not, just give it its own category, like OS X has.

EDIT: I guess we can count on little discussion from the group of MR readers, as this thread is now "hidden" in the Site Forum Feedback section?!

Maybe Arn will see this at least.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I left a redirect where you posted it, but wanted to put it where the admins would have a better chance to see it.

B

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

That is the issue what big forum has. Making a new forum may help the situation temporarily but sooner than later the growth will catch the extra space that the new forum provided, which means we will be back in square one. I doubt making new forums every now and then is the preferred solution as that will add overlap and make the forums harder to navigate.

I'm not also exactly sure what you mean by too crowded. Are there too many threads? Posts? Rule violations?

I'm still for this idea because then there could be iOS Beta sub-forum for beta discussions (this seems to annoy people a lot). We have OS X + Mac-specific forum so it would be fair if iOS + iToys got the same treatment.

Remember that I only represent my own opinions and views, not the whole site's. My word is not an official statement of any kind. Only administrators can make such statements and in the end, they are the ones who make the final decisions.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I would whole-heartily support a separate iOS forum. Would make things much cleaner and neater, and makes sure 1000s of beta threads aren't lumped in the iPhone forum.

7. itsalexaye macrumors regular

I agree iOS Really does need its own category! As big as iOS is and all of its products.

8. doug in albq thread starter Suspended

doug in albq