iOS Simulator on Mac/Windows?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Overtoom, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Overtoom macrumors newbie

Hi there :)

I've got an iPhone 4S for a while now, but recently an untethered Jailbreak came available. Something I would very much like doing, would be making my own interface for my iPhone. However, this would be my first time doing so, and I'm quite hesitant because I don't want my iPhone to have a buggy interface. So I was hoping there was some kind of software for Mac or Windows which could simulate an iPhone with iOS 5, so I can test things before putting it on my iPhone. Is there any software of such kind, and if not, anything else you could advice me?

Thanks you very much!

PS. I'm quite hesitant about jailbreaking my iPhone, because everything is working so nice, and I'm afraid it'll slow down or get buggy. Is there any thread or link that could help me decide? :)

2. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

First of all, read all you can on the new Jailbreak. I'm no expert so I myself am still learning different things about Jailbreaking and Cydia. I've had minimal problems with the Jailbreak and the 4S isn't affected by sluggishness by the Jailbreak. It's when you start to install a lot of things that it starts to affect the overall performance of the phone.

Honestly, the benefits far outweigh the small problems you may encounter. If you don't like it you can just restore the phone. :)

3. Overtoom thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking this might be a possibility, but I figured you probably can't mess with the UI since Apple doesn't allow this (by not allowing jailbreaks).

@Frenchjay: Good to hear :) Thanks!