iPod touch iOS Switching help plz

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by onkzzz, May 28, 2013.

1. onkzzz macrumors member

(just to say, im 12 years old... Just thought id put that out there xD)

Hi. I've had experience with 7 versions of iOS on my iPod Touch 4th gen that I brought on its release day. I've noticed that the more 'new' iOSes I get, the slower it becomes with various cydia tweaks included, not to mention having them all jailbroken.

Im on iOS 6.1.2 right now, jailbroken with the new evasi0n exploit. I cant play any game properly; it will most likely freeze and quit on me after 2 minutes of use. I cant even upload photos to facebook without having 100 crashes first, not to mention that it takes many tries to get the goddamn thing open. Boot times have increased by 24 seconds aswell. Battery life is just 5 hours of use, but the same was with iOS 5.

So here is what I wanna do.
    I would like to downgrade to iOS 4. Ive only got the SHSH of 4.3.5, although ive had 4.2, 4.2.1, 4.1, and 4.3.3 aswell, I cannot find the SHSH of them. That’s a problem. Also, many apps on the store need iOS 5.1 at the least, so I will need to modify the plists of every unsupported app (hundereds!).

Easier solutions anyone?

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

1, use "top" to find out what daemons / tweaks / processes use your CPU. Even Apple's own OS can be buggy - for example, see iCloud in iOS 6.1.3 on the 3GS. (My thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1586046 )

2, if you can't find out the source of CPU intensive tweaks, uninstall them one-by-one.

3. onkzzz thread starter macrumors member

:D
    hmm... this 'top' sounds interesting, might try it out later
    thanks dude. Any more solutions anyone? Its not urgent, just wanna know xD

4. onkzzz thread starter macrumors member

I saw your 3gs icloud thread. I see top played a big part in that. Its a very similar scenario with my iPod Touch 4. Thanks for the help

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

You mean iCloud is buggy on the iPt4G as well? Thanks for the heads-up - I'm off to test it. (I have a iPt4G as well.)

6. onkzzz thread starter macrumors member

Wow. You seem to be very busy with iOS. I'll let you get on with that. xD

7. onkzzz thread starter macrumors member

Come to think of it, iCloud can be very sluggy with me, especially if photo stream is enabled. iTunes Wifi Sync can be very buggy too, even worse to be honest

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Tested. No such problems with 6.1.2. I don't think I'll upgrade my iPt4G to 6.1.3 unless absolutely necessary - don't want to lose being untethered. Will test the same on one of my iPad 3's, which I've updated to 6.1.3 (the other is on 6.1.2).

9. onkzzz thread starter macrumors member

Maybe its just me being unlucky?
    I JUST USED TOP. My cpu usage stays under 40%, average is about 23%. LocationD is nowhere to be seen. Maybe its because I haven't got iCloud enabled. I'm going to restore to 5.1.1 and jailbreak using absinthe. Its better than iOS 6 by far, and less buggier too. Not to mention the fact that my battery life will be extended! :) yay. But still. I don't know what is secretly using my cpu when im in an app. I used MobileTerminal to use Top.

----------

Plus, iOS 5 tends to be more stable than all the others; at least from my experience it was

----------

Can you access 'Top' from windows? How? Through WinSCP?