Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwindels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2014
As a non-developer, where can i leave my tips for the new iOS8 ?

Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What exactly do you mean by tips?

Just interesting things you found that you want to share with other users? Or feedback you want to submit to Apple? Or perhaps even actual bugs you want to submit to Apple?

cwindels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2014
Feedback for apple. Mostly features or details in iOS8 that could be better. No bugs

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Feedback for apple. Mostly features or details in iOS8 that could be better. No bugs
Generally there's http://www.apple.com/feedback/ where you can select a product that you want to provide feedback for and provide it. Whether Apple actually really reads any or most of it, and actually how much they might care about it, that's a somewhat different question.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
iOS Tips

If he/she bought a dev license and was interested in helping the beta tests you would think he'd/she'd know where to send feedback right? I'm sure Apple makes that clear. I could care less whether or not someone's a dev and has ios 8 but I can promise you that the way to get your comments heard.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
What's to say they haven't already? I know a few people who couldn't write a app for toffee, yet joined the program to simply get beta's like iOS8.

You should've known known better than to wander into this lions den and say something like that...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If he/she bought a dev license and was interested in helping the beta tests you would think he'd/she'd know where to send feedback right? I'm sure Apple makes that clear. I could care less whether or not someone's a dev and has ios 8 but I can promise you that the way to get your comments heard.
Why would that be needed when it comes to providing feedback or even submitting actual bugs?

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Why wouldn't it? Hell the public beta of Yosemite has an app specifically for that. It's part of the package for those who signed up for the PB.

Have you ever gone to Apples message forums? They're awful. Most questions don't get answered and if they do its from a product owner not Apple support. So if you think Apple is looking elsewhere other than from Devs for feedback on an OS that's supposed to be in the hands of specific people you have more faith than me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why wouldn't it? Hell the public beta of Yosemite has an app specifically for that. It's part of the package for those who signed up for the PB.

Have you ever gone to Apples message forums? They're awful. Most questions don't get answered and if they do its from a product owner not Apple support. So if you think Apple is looking elsewhere other than from Devs for feedback on an OS that's supposed to be in the hands of specific people you have more faith than me.
Well, like I mentioned, whether or not Apple actually reads the feedback or does anything about it is a somewhat different question than where to submit it essentially.

That said, as far as bugs, those can be filed as free devs as well just as paid ones. As far as feedback, not sure if there are really better places for just plain feedback even for paid devs--there are the dev forums, but I'm not sure it's any more clear that things get that much more (meaningful) attention there than other forums or feedback places.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

This is different. Apple included the Feedback app in the Public Beta because the general public doesn't already have a designated area for submitting beta / pre-release software feedback, and this is because the general public has never had the ability to [legally] run beta software before Yosemite so this only makes sense.

Sure, there's the ww.apple.com/feedback page, but that's just for general product feedback and I'm sure it's not prioritized over stuff submitted through the Feedback app in the Public Yosemite Beta. iOS 8 is only intended for developers and as we saw with the early betas, you could submit feedback and bugs via the Bug Repoter app which was removed in the later betas. You can still, however, as always, report bugs and submit feedback through the online Bug Reporter (which non-devs can actually access and utilize).

Also, the dev forums are more of a place to discuss bugs and whatnot, rather than a place to report them / submit feedback.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
You should've known known better than to wander into this lions den and say something like that...

What something that's completely reasonable and doesn't instantly assume everyone's a tool? I know right!

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
This is different. Apple included the Feedback app in the Public Beta because the general public doesn't already have a designated area for submitting beta / pre-release software feedback, and this is because the general public has never had the ability to [legally] run beta software before Yosemite so this only makes sense.

Sure, there's the ww.apple.com/feedback page, but that's just for general product feedback and I'm sure it's not prioritized over stuff submitted through the Feedback app in the Public Yosemite Beta. iOS 8 is only intended for developers and as we saw with the early betas, you could submit feedback and bugs via the Bug Repoter app which was removed in the later betas. You can still, however, as always, report bugs and submit feedback through the online Bug Reporter (which non-devs can actually access and utilize).

Also, the dev forums are more of a place to discuss bugs and whatnot, rather than a place to report them / submit feedback.

Good info. There you have it!

----------

What something that's completely reasonable and doesn't instantly assume everyone's a tool? I know right!

If a direct response = tool then I'm a sky crane!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.