iOS to OS X Keychain Syncing

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by slrandall, Oct 22, 2012.

1. slrandall macrumors 6502

People with more knowledge about how OS X and iOS work than I, would it be possible to sync Keychains across iOS and OS X?

As a university student, I have a bunch of class webpages that are password protected. When I enter them on my Mac, they'll save and automatically allow me into the page next time I access it. On iOS, not only do I have to enter the password each time, it won't just get the password from Keychain Access on my Mac through iCloud, syncing, etc.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I don't think our Keychain syncs via iCloud, but I could be wrong. I personally use 1Password to sync my credentials across all of my devices.

3. RTWG macrumors regular

RTWG

.Mac and MobileMe synced keychains, but iCloud doesn't. :(

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

So far as I know there is no keychain :apple: app on the iPhone. I wish there were. There are password managers, some of which have been shown to be unreliable. I use Strip lite, which was reviewed favorably by a security organization. Still, you're limited to entering passwords by cut and paste.

Maybe someday Apple will provide something like keychain for the iPhone - perhaps as part of Passport....

5. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

Between Macs, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's ever been Apple-supplied password syncing between OS X and iOS devices.