iOS Twitter app woes

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by globalist, Apr 27, 2012.

1. globalist, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

globalist macrumors 6502a

So am I the only one whose Twitter app just won't remember the last read tweet?

I mean every time I launch the app, instead of displaying the last read tweet and moving from there, it seems to just randomly jump to one of the previous tweets even if it's as old as several days ago.

Contrast this with Twitterific - this app will remember the last position in the timeline and even sync it between multiple devices.

So what's up with the iOS Twitter app? Do you think they will ever fix this issue?

Edit: Better question is - does Apple even admit this is an issue?

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I don't think the official twitter app does that...

3. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Everything.

It's been a disaster zone since 4.0 hit.

Phazer

4. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

5. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Yes, the stock twitter app does this and it's so annoying.

6. mms13 macrumors 6502

This. If you aren't using Tweetbot you're messing up.

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Why would Apple admit to an issue? It's not an Apple app, Twitter is the developer of the app.

8. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm for some reason I thought it was Apple's. In any case it's bundled with iOS so Apple could have them fix it if they wanted.

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

The app isn't bundled with iOS. All it does it grab Twitter for iPhone from the App Store for you.

Seriously, it's already been said but Tweetbot is the best Twitter client on the App Store. It now even syncs your timeline via iCloud.

10. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seriously, Tweetbot costs 2.39EUR and why should I pay for a twitter app if Twitterific syncs the timeline and does it for free? All I'm asking is for Apple/Twitter to implement this one feature in the Twitter app which is otherwise fantastic IMO.

11. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You don't have to pay for anything. I'm just simply suggesting a better, paid alternative.

12. nutmac macrumors 68040

Twitter app isn't bundled with iOS. You can post to Twitter without installing Twitter app, but to view timelines, DMs, and replies, you need to install Twitter app, which is developed by Twitter.

You will need to install alternate Twitter app (ideally with iCloud or Tweet Marker syncing) that does a better job, such as free ad-supported Twitterific or paid Tweetbot or Tweetings.

13. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you think about it, this isn't even a matter of syncing. See, the Twitter app stores the loaded tweets between each session. So, all it would need to do for each new session is determine which tweets are downloaded as new and scroll the view to the first new tweet.