IOS upgrade errors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tugoon, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Tugoon macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have been having problems with my Iphone 5s. I have been trying to upgrade to IOS 8 (from 7), but I keep getting different errors, first it was 17 then 3194 then 2002. I tried everything but nothing works
    Tinyumbrella, editing the host file, DFU mode, different PCs and still nothing works
    Any help ?

2. chrfr macrumors 603

You can only upgrade to 9.3.2 at this point.

3. Tugoon thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm afraid its going to slow it down. I have friends that report IOS 9 slowing their phones down drastically

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Whether you like it or not, iOS 9.3.2 is your only (official) choice if you want to upgrade.

5. now i see it macrumors 65816

iOS 9.3.x works fine on an iPhone 5. Your 5S is 2X faster than the 5. No problem. It won't be as fast as iOS 8 though. But still fine.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Jailbreak and try upgrading to iOS 8 as iOS 8 is jailbreak-able.
    Or otherwise you can only upgrade to iOS 9.3.2.

7. Tugoon thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I'm gonna have to go with 9.3.2. Thanks guys

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Oh, if only jailbreaking solved this problem as you describe. Alas, it does not. Whether you are jailbroken or not, iOS has to be signed to upgrade/downgrade to it.

There are certain devices that can downgrade, but I don't believe it works the other way.

Lastly, OP would need a 32-bit device for that. An iPhone 5c or below. OP has a 5s.

9. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Uninstall iTunes, apple application support, and Apple mobile device support from your PC. Install iTunes version11.1.5...... Try again. I know it's an odd suggestion...... But what do you have to lose? Last thing I'd mess with is the driver..... Deleting and reinstalling the driver. I'm only mentioning these suggestions because I've got out of a bind or two with recognition problems similar to yours. Best of luck.

10. Tugoon thread starter macrumors newbie

I already tried it, nothing worked. I took the leap and upgraded to 9.3.2, and works fine so far
    Thank you

11. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

My fault anyway. I mis read your question. I thought you couldn't get iTunes to recognize your device after trying all that stuff. My suggestion was just to get you a point in which you could get to 9.3.2 ( and you did ) So no worries. I really need to start reading posts thoroughly.