Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zombie Rodeo!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
Brighton, UK
I was looking at the box for my :apple:Watch Sport and saw this... Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't really make much sense?

0QGdK9c.jpg

Surely if you're using the latest version, there isn't a later one!

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
I was looking at the box for my :apple:Watch Sport and saw this... Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't really make much sense?

Surely if you're using the latest version, there isn't a later one!

Maybe that means the latest version of iOS 8 (most likely 8.4.X) or later e.g. iOS 9. Or just badly worded.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
It clearly means the latest version of iOS 8 as of April 24 (launch date of the :apple:Watch) which is 8.3 or later.

Later is on there for the future since that box may be for sale (or when you resale it) when 8.4, 8.5, 9.0.... are out.

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
It's just a minimum spec list. Same as when you buy lets say the sims on pc or Mac and it says it needs X to run with optimum performance but if you're running the latest you don't need to worry but if not its upgrade time

It's basically worded so when iOS9 is released they don't need to redo all the boxes again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.