rey.gran1342

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Mis Or, PH
Is there a way to change the stock iOS weather app's server from Yahoo! to Accuweather? Accuweather shows my local city but Yahoo! doesn't. Is there any file that can be edited to do so?

And downloading the Accuweather app may not be the option since the main reason for this is because of the iOS stock weather app's notification center widget.

PS: If you know any other app that looks exactly the same as the stock weather widget in NC, please let me know.

moonman239

macrumors 68000
Mar 27, 2009
Is there a way to change the stock iOS weather app's server from Yahoo! to Accuweather? Accuweather shows my local city but Yahoo! doesn't. Is there any file that can be edited to do so?

And downloading the Accuweather app may not be the option since the main reason for this is because of the iOS stock weather app's notification center widget.

PS: If you know any other app that looks exactly the same as the stock weather widget in NC, please let me know.

As far as I can tell, the only way to do that would be to modify the Weather app.

By the way, before other people say it's illegal because it is and/or contains copyrighted material, let me say this: 1) I think he's fine as long as he doesn't share the app with others, and 2) even if it were illegal, Yahoo would probably lose customers if they sued people who either modified the Weather app, encouraged others to do so or taught how to do so.

rey.gran1342

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Mis Or, PH
What do you see if you use the Local Weather (allow Location to find you) option?

if i use Local Weather's location services, it'll just be blank. If i manually input my Current city, it'll say "No results found" City is Cagayan de Oro in Philippines.

----------

As far as I can tell, the only way to do that would be to modify the Weather app.

By the way, before other people say it's illegal because it is and/or contains copyrighted material, let me say this: 1) I think he's fine as long as he doesn't share the app with others, and 2) even if it were illegal, Yahoo would probably lose customers if they sued people who either modified the Weather app, encouraged others to do so or taught how to do so.

any idea on how to modify it, though?

----------

is there like something we can edit in the Weather.app alone that can change the server from Yahoo! to AccuWeather instead?

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
Well, I'm in London and if I search for "Cagayan", Yahoo finds it no problem.
I didn't put the "de Oro" in if that helps.

The result is Cagayan, Phillippines

rey.gran1342

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Mis Or, PH
Well, I'm in London and if I search for "Cagayan", Yahoo finds it no problem.
I didn't put the "de Oro" in if that helps.

The result is Cagayan, Phillippines

yup.. the thing is, "Cagayan, Philippines" is different from "Cagayan de Oro, Philippines"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.