iOS Weather App server modification?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by rey.gran1342, Feb 18, 2013.

1. rey.gran1342 macrumors newbie

rey.gran1342

Is there a way to change the stock iOS weather app's server from Yahoo! to Accuweather? Accuweather shows my local city but Yahoo! doesn't. Is there any file that can be edited to do so?

And downloading the Accuweather app may not be the option since the main reason for this is because of the iOS stock weather app's notification center widget.

PS: If you know any other app that looks exactly the same as the stock weather widget in NC, please let me know.

2. moonman239 macrumors 68000

As far as I can tell, the only way to do that would be to modify the Weather app.

By the way, before other people say it's illegal because it is and/or contains copyrighted material, let me say this: 1) I think he's fine as long as he doesn't share the app with others, and 2) even if it were illegal, Yahoo would probably lose customers if they sued people who either modified the Weather app, encouraged others to do so or taught how to do so.

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

What do you see if you use the Local Weather (allow Location to find you) option?

4. rey.gran1342 thread starter macrumors newbie

rey.gran1342

if i use Local Weather's location services, it'll just be blank. If i manually input my Current city, it'll say "No results found" City is Cagayan de Oro in Philippines.

----------

any idea on how to modify it, though?

----------

is there like something we can edit in the Weather.app alone that can change the server from Yahoo! to AccuWeather instead?

5. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Well, I'm in London and if I search for "Cagayan", Yahoo finds it no problem.
    I didn't put the "de Oro" in if that helps.

The result is Cagayan, Phillippines

6. rey.gran1342 thread starter macrumors newbie

rey.gran1342

yup.. the thing is, "Cagayan, Philippines" is different from "Cagayan de Oro, Philippines"

7. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch