iOS Wish list For iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by TrenttonY, Nov 14, 2012.

1. TrenttonY, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

iOS Wish list for iPhone • iTunes and App Store currently downloading badges (count down)
    • Able to create folders in the voicemail app. For example "Work Voicemails" and you would add all your work voicemails that you want to save in it.
    • Able to add images, videos or voice memos from the voice memos app to notes.
    • Able to shut of spotlight.
    • Able to delete or hide newsstand and passbook. Hide it if you don't have any. But when you do they appear. (And why didn't Apple have you download newsstand if you want in the App Store like iBooks?)
    • Radar in the weather app.
    • Redesign the iTunes and App Store. (Right now it's really slow)
    • When you take a video or take a photo it should automatically go in a "videos" and a "photos" folder and screenshots should go in a "screen shot" named album in the photos app and take out camera roll.
    • The date for when you took the photo or video.
    • Text dates for each text.
    • Unlimited apps in a folder. (Scroll)
    • Landscape mode for apps in multitasking.
    • Able to change brightness right in multitasking on iPhone like it is on the iPad.
    • A "clear all" button in notification center and multitasking.
    • Albilty to use different alert styles for the battery low alert like sounds and on the lock screen and notification center and a "banner" instead of "alert".
    • Notifications for a app update or when any media is done downloading, and notification center and lock screen support.
    • Voice memo iCloud syncing and weather syncing. (If you add new weather locations).
    • Settings iCloud syncing.
    • Any other iCloud syncing (what you have set on your bottom bar in the music app sync, etc).
    • Timed or date passcode locks and date schelouds for do not disturb.
    • Able to set a date or time to delete safari history.
    • Just add do not disturb to silent mode (the button) So if you slide the silent switch it can have the same features do not disturb mode and can use fine grain control.
    • Apple needs to just add apps that nobody uses to the App Store instead of having them preinstalled. (Like compass, stocks newsstand and passbook, Game Center.
    • Separate app for FaceTime.
    • New alert options for calendar. (It has 9 am of the day and at the time of the event. But what if I wake up later then 9am and my phone is off? You don't get a alert.
    • Add hide keyboard to notes so when you scroll the keyboard goes away like in the messaging app.
    • Take out when you open a app in a folder and close the app the folder is still open.
    • Dont auto capitlize shortcuts or those annoying verication boxes when signing up to a account.
    • When you sign up to somthing and it sends you a email and you have go to your email a click on a verification code and redirects you to a new page in safari it should attomaticaly close the page that you were signing up on. I hope you like my list I'll post more features if I can think of any.

2. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

You can already shut off spotlight in settings I think.

3. TrenttonY thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can only uncheck what comes up when you type but if you still have all of them unchecked its still on the home screen.

4. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

5. TrenttonY thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wrote it in notes. And I didn't know it would be like that sorry.

6. Flying Dutchmen macrumors newbie

Fixed it.

7. TrenttonY thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks!

8. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Did you put anything about quick settings toggle (wifi Bluetooth airplane mode etc) in notification center? If not, it's a must for me.

9. TrenttonY thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, because I think iOS would became a mini Android. Toggles and shortcuts in every menu. It would make the notification center have less functionally, have less space for notifications. I think it would make it kayo-tic. But that's just my opinion.

10. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Ability to set a different email alert tone for each contact - or, at minimum, a different tone for each email account.

This is probably the one thing that I miss the most from my BlackBerry days.

We can set different ringtones and text tones per person. How about a different tone per email address?

11. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

Those all have my vote. Yesterday, I needed to determine the date of a photo I took in July. I had to connect the iPhone to a PC and then browse it as an attached camera to see the file creation date - that should be viewable from the same tap that reveals the edit and delete buttons.

"Camera Roll" is a skeuomorphic throwback that is definitely too cluttered when you have a large mix of photos and videos.

Nice. I realize that someone will point out that clearing the multitasking tray isn't necessary, but my OCD thanks you for that suggestion.

Nah, you'd get too many "my Phone doesn't do anything out of the box" complaints. And how about users who never use the App Store either, why must they see that? ;)

iOS already has several types of text entry field HTML tags to prevent that - it's up to the designer of the web page to code their account signup forms to display better on mobile devices.

I'd leave that up to the webpage designer also, I wouldn't want iOS to detect this and then decide to close my Safari page and disrupt my navigation history.

12. Hawtin macrumors member

-ability to put whatever settings you want in notification centre. Or have a separate 'mission control' style with settings in when you swipe up.
    -resizable apps and widgets.
    -customisable keyboard.
    -better App Store design
    -the choice to download stock apple apps
    -manual settings for camera
    -profiles for silent and other ringing settings
    -redesigned UI.

Can think of a trillion more but it's 642am in the uk right now..

13. MacPro23 macrumors member

I really want a redesigned UI. But beside from that I would like to see:

• Live app icons
    • Request desktop version of site on Safari
    • Quick Settings in notification (Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Flashlight)
    • Hide apps
    • Personal Hotpot that actually works and does not cost extra
    • Energy saver mode that will automatically activate when you reach 20%
    • Wifi issues fixed
    • iDisk for iCloud
    • Turn off notifications all at once
    • The settings menu really needs to be redesigned. It's not intuitive at all. I also think the notification settings menu are confusing.
    • Disable shutdown of phone when phone is locked
    • Safari full screen in portrait
    • Landscape mode
    • Select all in mail
    • FM Radio app
    • Record phone conversions
    • Silence phone based on location
    • Redesign stock apps (weather, calculator, stocks, etc)
    • More file format support (video files, music files, etc)
    • Re-downloading of iTunes purchased ringtones
    • Netflix competitor