Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
I think it would be badass if instead of square icons they make them circle. iOS has been stale so this would change it up a little.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1,121

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
hell no,
just get an iPod Nano if you itch for some circles or a PS Vita.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
What would be nice is if you could make simple changes like this, square or circle, on your own. Even if you had to connect to iTunes to configure these changes.

I also seem to remember having a few iCons that were not square. I had a guitar app that was in the shape of a pic. Or mayby it was a pic that had a square black background and I couldn't tell because the old iOS 3 was all black homescreen.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
I rounded squares have become iconic, and I kind of like this better than the different shapes on Android which are tacky IMO. I also like how devs have played around with it for apps like Instagram or the old native YouTube.app

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I rounded squares have become iconic...
Also more efficient. Just look at the Calendar or Settings Apps' icons that have design/info in the "corners" that would need to be redesigned. Now multiply that by a 100,000 or more 3ed party Apps.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
LOL. That's just ridiculous.

Useful changes like improved app switcher, shortcuts to common settings, improved notification centre with widget support... Those I agree with it.

Changing iOS just for the sake of change? You really need to find other forms of entertainment in your life if an OS needs to stay "fresh" to relieve your boredom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.