iOS10 impressions?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by DogHouseDub, Jul 23, 2016.

1. DogHouseDub macrumors regular

DogHouseDub

Who's using the public beta of iOS10? What do you think?

In my hands, things have been pretty buggy (yes, I know it's a beta. But still...).

The biggest issue I see; "change for the sake of change" - lots of new "features", or re-worked ways to do something that has been a standard iPhone option for years. Not as an improvement, just to make iOS seem new(?) I guess? The whole press home to unlock is maddening, and a great example. WTF is the point of that?

Anybody find any revolutionary new features?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Some people have had that whole press home to unlock thing since jailbreaking their iPhones in iOS 5 - or earlier.

Some people have since iOS 5 (or earlier) kept that very same action with iOS 6, 7, 8 and 9 after jailbreaking each version.

Because some people came to the iPhone from phones were this was a thing - and so are very used to it.

Some people, such as myself, are absolutely thrilled Apple has finally killed "Slide to Unlock".

3. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Pretty buggy? I'm certain anyone saying it's pretty buggy is running a major release beta for the first time.

Shout out to all my iOS 7 beta friends.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I like it, lock screen widgets is great but yes it's buggy as expected. I think it shows how serious they are taking force touch as thats is what alot of the features are showing off.

6. deany macrumors 68030

deany

looking forward to rMBP being unlocked by apple watch - have setup two factor authentication in anticipation.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

8. zosokm macrumors regular

ios 10 is good but doesnt really make huge changes except with notifications and music . ni major revolutionary changes

9. aleni macrumors 68020

it's awesome. opening and closing apps is much faster.

10. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

So you can see and interact with your notifications or switch to the widgets. But thanks for clarifying that you don't understand it and just saying it's "a change for the sake of change".

11. DNichter macrumors 68030

DNichter

I love it so far. Very stable for a beta 3 (better than 9.3.3 in my eyes) and I am looking forward to further improvements. I like the lock screen/widgets, new music and maps app, rich notifications, control center, and raise to wake mainly. I am happy with all of the improvements and I feel like Apple is moving in the right direction UI wise.

12. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

LOVE the new Messages app and Notifications.