Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itbejasonyo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Washington DC
Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue but I noticed it yesterday after installing the latest beta. I get a notification on my watch like normal then 10 seconds later, my phone chimes with the same notification. Not sure if it's a small bug in the beta or not.

iPhone 7 plus with a 1st gen Apple watch.

Dontcallmetiger

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2016
Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue but I noticed it yesterday after installing the latest beta. I get a notification on my watch like normal then 10 seconds later, my phone chimes with the same notification. Not sure if it's a small bug in the beta or not.

iPhone 7 plus with a 1st gen Apple watch.

Can confirm. Series 2 with the 7+, get the notification on my watch, doesn’t show on my phone immediately, then get a delayed notification on my phone lol

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Likewise. There’s also been a few instances where the phone gets the notification and not the watch.
Ive been getting this with Stable versions of iOS 10 and WatchOS 3 as well mind. Particularly when I'm connected to other bluetooth devices like my car.

daio

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
I have this problem too, in fact sometimes the phone resprings after it notifys. The watch always vibrates first.

In all fairness, I kinda prefer it that way, the delay that it, as that gives me a few seconds to grab and unlock my phone before it chimes, particularly in meetings at work.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
now i seem to get every notification to my watch (sometimes twice) even if I am actively engaged in say an imessage convo somewhere else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.