iOS11 issue with Exchange 2016 / O365 Accounts

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by nuzzy, Sep 19, 2017.

1. nuzzy macrumors member

Hi,

Looks like there's an issue if you upgrade to iOS11. Anyone who connects to an Exchange 2016 server or Office 365, won't be able to send, forward or reply to an email, they'll get an error saying the message was rejected by the server.

To fix this, head to the mail account in Settings and re-enter the user's Exchange password. Hopefully they'll patch this before the storm hits.

2. chrfr macrumors 604

I've had this problem. Usually, re-sending the message from the Outbox resolves it. I'll try to re-enter the password in hopes that fixes it. That does seem to resolve the problem, at least for one email. Thanks.

3. Ianblackburn macrumors member

having the same issue. Seems to be related to attachments - emails without them are sent ok as far I can tell

4. chrfr macrumors 604

I was getting rejected by server errors even without attachments. I hope this gets sorted out very soon.

5. AsherN macrumors 6502

I had no issue with the GM from the Beta program.

6. bilibug macrumors regular

bilibug

A phone reboot fixed it for me. Had this happen today as well as a few weeks ago.

7. jeepik macrumors 6502

its a big issue for me...reboots email account recreations don't matter. happens on both iPhone and iPad pro with IOS11 GM

8. chrfr macrumors 604

9. mikosk macrumors regular

Are you kidding? Major iOS release and it breaks the email that is most common for business users?!? They need to get this resolved today.