ios11 + wos 3.2.3 alarms no longer work?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pesos, Sep 18, 2017.

1. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

Upgraded my phone to ios11gm which in turn forced the watch to 3.2.3

I noticed that my alarms no longer show up/vibrate on my watch. Nothing at all. Other alerts seem fine. Is this normal?

2. ericg301 macrumors 65816

Not get them on watch os4 GM either. At least alarms set on my phone. Which sucks cuz I sleep with my watch and liked hitting snooze from the watch

3. pesos thread starter macrumors 6502a

pesos

Well that's annoying. I don't typically sleep with mine but I do make use of alarms a lot and snoozing/stopping from the watch is very convenient.

4. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

My alarms sound and vibrate on my AW S2 running watchOS 4 (from an iPhone 7 running iOS 11). I just tested an ordinary alarm, and I use the Sommeil/Bedtime feature every weekday morning. As long as my Watch is not in Airplane Mode (which I sleep with it in sometimes to save battery), then the Watch sounds and vibrates. It did this morning.

5. pesos thread starter macrumors 6502a

pesos

I set a new one just now and it worked on my watch. When I had the problem the other day I snoozed 4 times and it never fired off on the watch. I wonder if it's something about alarms that were set prior to the upgrade or something... New ones seem fine.

6. BrianSoCal macrumors 6502

BrianSoCal

Mine aren’t working either. Just tried setting a new alarm, iPhone went off but AW remained silent. I too enjoy snoozing from he AW, hope they fix this soon.

7. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

AW 2, WatchOS 4 and iOS 11. Alarms are working OK for me. The Siri face shows a snooze countdown.

8. avkam, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

avkam macrumors member

For me alarm works, but not haptic alarm (in silent mode). Not even if I try to set a new alarm. AW S2.

9. BrianSoCal macrumors 6502

BrianSoCal

That’s it!! I always keep my AW in haptic mode; I’m still not getting haptic alerts.

10. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Have you tried adjusting the haptic strength in the iPhone Apple Watch app? I thought someone said that with watchOS 4 they had the haptic setting change or not work until they adjusted it again in settings.

11. BrianSoCal macrumors 6502

BrianSoCal

I hadn’t but will right now!

12. brentc133, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

brentc133 macrumors member

I redid my haptic settings on both my S2 watch and the iPhone app. Still no haptic with alarm. Alarm only works with sound. I have woken up to my Apple Watch haptic since day one so this is very disappointing.

13. avkam macrumors member

Yes. Also I have tried hard reset etc. Haptic works for everything else but not with the alarm clock in silent mode.

14. dagdagdag234 macrumors regular

I had the same issue, no Taptic on my watch just for alarms — and reported it to apple and they took my watch logs to see the issue.

However, I did read a fix for this and it works. Go to your alarms on your iPhone and set a new alarm with a ring tone AND a vibration (all of my previous alarms were set w no vibration before)

Now it’s fixed. You don’t even have to use THAT specific alarm ever or even set any other alarms with a vibration.

But now all alarms set on your phone or even directly on your watch will vibrate again.

Weird, huh?

15. avkam macrumors member

That’s it. It’s workin now! Thank you so much for posting this workaround. :)

16. BrianSoCal macrumors 6502

BrianSoCal

This worked!!!! Thank you!

17. CobraPA macrumors 6502a