iOS11b, any way to remove app drawer from Messages?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Menel, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

as title. The app drawer takes up space, looks terribly out of place, and Im sure it uses resources tracking available apps and loading with the messages app each time. It's a completely useless feature.

Any option somewhere to disable/remove?

2. sethlution macrumors regular

Nope we can't disable it. Or at least no one has found a way yet

3. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

Not only that, but it seems that you are unable to remove unused apps from the list. When I try to slim it down with things I may actually use it reverts back to all selected.

4. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I was trying to move them around (seems kind of random). Hopefully just a beta thing.

5. lancastor macrumors 6502a

I hope this would be a big iOS12 feature to hide the app drawer.

6. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Looks like you can and it’s just a big. If you slide all the way over to “More” and then click “Edit” in the top right hand corner, it lets you (at least it appears to) turn them off. That being said, when I do it, it causes messages to crash, so I think by the final build you can turn them off but right now it’s a bug.

7. x34 macrumors 6502

i did ask the same question couple of days ago. and somebody said you have to click on the app store icon to deactivate the app drawer bar?

8. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

In B1 you could Reorder them but is broken in B2/P1. You will be able to cut them off or Delete them. Apple may add a master on/off with too. However as of now Reorder, On/Off switch and Delete don't work.

[​IMG]

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

nothing has changed. Everyone is still on the same betas, so it is still broken.

10. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Hiding all apps shouldn't be the mechanism for hiding the bar. You should just be able to easily bring it in and out of view.

11. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

This could be added but as of now Apple is probably just working on getting the current Bar features to work before adding anything to it. Post back when the GM is released if there is still not a way to hide it.

12. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Stop speaking for apple

13. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I don't use nor do I have any intention on using iMessage apps, and if I do start using them I'm pretty sure it'll be sparingly. I'd rather not have the UI cluttered with things I don't use. Apple let us hide things like the predictive part of the keyboard; they should let us hide this too.

14. x34 macrumors 6502

from another thread:

so, this does not work?

15. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

works but sometimes comes back randomly. anyone else found a permanent fix?

16. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

If you press on the App Store button it expands the iMessage store. If you press again it will hide both the Store and the app drawer temporarily until you press on a conversation or open iMessage again. I find if you press the App Store button yet again when it reappears, that it hides the drawer and does not come back (unless you press on the App Store button). That is my experience anyway.

17. abbiedabbie macrumors newbie

abbiedabbie

I second this. Just downloaded the Beta today and it still works. Even after forcing the Messages app to close completely.