iOS13 public beta killing my Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mansu944, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Mansu944 macrumors 6502a

Anyone else’s Apple Watch dying FAST on the latest iOS 13 public beta?

2. Donnation macrumors demi-god

Donnation

Yes, there is a thread dedicated to this in the iOS13 beta thread. I myself had the same issue as do tons of other people. There is no fix right now outside of waiting for another beta or removing the beta and going back to iOS 12.

3. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Standard beta roulette. My iPhone and iPad are dying as I look at the battery indicator. Oddly my watch is doing OK on this one but....next beta is....well spin the wheel of unknowns.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

5. ledzepfan1981 macrumors 6502

ledzepfan1981

Yes I have always fancied signing up and getting my hands on software early through betas, but it’s things like this that put me off.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I depend too much on my phone to do beta. Do not want to take a chance.

7. Mansu944 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I noticed that thread right after I made mine.

8. rojocrandall macrumors regular

rojocrandall

This issue seems to have improved greatly on my Series 4 with the latest beta versions: iOS 13 Beta 5, WatchOS 6 Beta 4

9. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

I thought it was just me. My watch has been draining super fast since installing public beta. I can't even make it through a full day now without giving it a little bump when I get home from work

10. Dwood1970 macrumors regular

Yeah I believe the problem is only with series 4 on 5.3

11. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

It’s been reported in mainstream media.

Uh, everyone does know that betas can be buggy? That’s why they’re called ‘betas’. iOS 13 PB beta 2 broke airdrop, among other things, on my Gen 1 iPad Pro. No complaints, it’s a beta!

12. dwfaust macrumors 603

dwfaust

It's because the Developer Preview and Public Beta releases are not early access to the upcoming software. It's beta. It's buggy. It's inconsistent. It's (primarily) for developers to test their apps against the new version. Too many people just hop on the train to get access to the new version early. They are often sorry they did so. (Not making any assumptions here, just a generic "caveat emptor" kind of disclosure.)

And to keep this on topic, to the OP, yes... plenty of people have complained in a number of threads. (Forum Search can come in real handy sometimes.)

13. Mansu944 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I discovered the problem on my watch. There were 5 apps that were constantly loading even though they were already on the watch.

14. ledzepfan1981 macrumors 6502

ledzepfan1981

Yes I understand what a beta is, I was just saying that the bugs in them stop me from signing up.