Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frejusman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Just wondered is anyone else able to play music through the Apple Watch speakers? Can't seem to see an option to play it through them?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
The watch only has one speaker not two and as far as I'm aware it does not support music playback. It would be pointless anyway as the speaker is not powerful or loud enough for that purpose. You need to use bluetooth headphones.

sumsingwong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2012
Just wondered is anyone else able to play music through the Apple Watch speakers? Can't seem to see an option to play it through them?
Go into the music app on the watch and select the sound output.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442881551.915976.jpg

Never mind....

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
That's just a source toggle. Not an output toggle. Toggles between music stored on watch vs on phone. Won't play through speaker.

bcollett

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
I've just tried that & selected the watch option but when I go to play it still says I need to connect Bluetooth headphones, think you need the music stored on the watch as well not just syncing from the iPhone...

Using the Apple Watch as source is mainly for times when it's not connected to an iPhone. To use the Apple Watch as a source you need to have the music you want saved locally to the watch as well as have bluetooth speakers/headphones connected to the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.