ios4.01 on 3gs --> dropped calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Jul 18, 2010.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Anyone else experience terrible reception after updating to ios4.01 on their 3gs?

I understand that they were going to reduce the # of bars displayed to "more accurately" reflect what was supposedly always the true reception (i.e. they were overestimating before the update), and it worked: where I had 5 bars before I now have 3 (and it won't go higher than 3 bars EVER).

However, not only has the # of bars declined, but my phone is constantly dropping calls and won't initiate calls either. I get through maybe 1 out of every 10 calls.

The bars usually drop down to 1 when I try to make a call.

Just seeing if anyone else had these problems.

2. KiloD macrumors newbie

ios4.01 on 3gs

You are not alone. I'm experiencing terrible reception after updating to IOS4.01 on my 3GS, too. I could make and receive calls from my house before updating. I had at least 2 to 3 bars. After updating, no bars at all. I'd rather be lied to about the number of bars and have reception, then told the truth about the reception and not be able to make or receive a call or txt. My next move...downgrading back to IOS4. Apple and At&t need to figure out a better fix!

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

the software upgrade didn't do anything but change the way its displayed. it didn't make you not get service. youre just upset and rambling it seems.