iOS4.1 Battery Help [Wireless]

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tincanman, Nov 8, 2010.

1. tincanman macrumors newbie

Hi Everybody,

After 2 days of testing, I have found the solution to the battery problem in iOS4
    I found out that with WIRELESS ON DURING STANDBY, 25min=5% battery decrease.
    with WIRELESS OFF DURING STANDBY, 25min=0% battery decrease.
    I also read from this another post in MacRumors that iOS4 will keep wireless connected during standby IF there are wireless connections nearby.

So here is the question, is there any tweak to NOT keep wireless connected during standby? It would be annoying to turn wireless of everytime before locking, even though I have sbsettings.

Thank You

2. b00ya, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010

b00ya macrumors member

I dunno. I thought that at first too but I've been turning it off lately and my battery still dies more then it should in standby. My battery is garbage regardless. Had 3 iPhones before this iPhone4 and sadly this has the worst battery out of all of them. Unless it's just the firmware which would be pretty ridiculous if the firmware can drain battery like that.

Most days I go though 2 full 100% batterys within 6-8 hours. That's just pathetic for a brand new iPhone. :mad: I dont even do much with it.. it's not like I'm actually using it for 8 hours. I use it for 10 minutes and it drains 10%.

I never had to charge my previous iPhones at work. Now before lunch my phone is already dead. Probably my last iPhone ... $700 for a phone with so many problems is a joke. I loved my last iPhones too. This one (or this firmware maybe) is an epic fail.

3 hour battery + keyboard that pushes the complete wrong keys 90% of the time = useless phone. These are only the main problems too, there are plenty more. Never had any problems with previous iPhones. Argh. Total ripoff.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

normally wifi consumes less battery than 3G, so I don't think something exist to turn the feature off on the iPhone...