iOS4, 3GS and AT&T Microcell Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wilbah, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Wilbah macrumors member

This week I updated my 3GS to iOS4, and ever since my iPhone is barely working, even though it shows a full 5 bars of reception. - The 5 bars are thanks to the AT&T micro cell, which sits literally 10 feet away from my home-office desk.

When people call me, they get a busy signal (it doesn't even go to voice mail). When I try to make a call, it says "call failed" in nearly every attempt. The other two iPhones in my house are still working (albeit not without issue) running iOS3.x

I've always believed (and still want to) that the reception issue was the laughable AT&T network, but now I am not so sure...

Could there be something new in iOS4 (software switching signal management - forgive me as I know very little about this sort of thing) that is making this an issue? My iPhone is now essentially useless as a phone in and around my house.

2. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

Do you live in NY by any chance?

I was having the same problem with my microcell and iphone. AT&T said they have been having microcell issues. try giving them a call.

3. _Refurbished_ macrumors 68000

_Refurbished_

I'm having a similar issue.

I can make calls, but I can't receive calls. I tried rebooting everything, didn't work. I think it's an issue with iOS.

4. robert.h.heath macrumors newbie

iPhone IOS4 and AT&T Microcell 3G Connection Issues

There seems to be a significant compatibility problem between the AT&T Microcell 3G (Cisco device) and iPhones running IOS4.

I have had a microcell for several weeks and was successfully using it with two iPhone 3G's.

In the last week, I upgraded the two iPhone 3G's to IOS4 and purchased an iPhone 4.

After several days and repeated resetting of all phones and the microcell, I am pretty much limited to text messaging over the microcell, despite all three phones showing five bars.

Outbound calls fail nearly 100% of the time on the iPhone 3G's and about 90% of the time on the iPhone 4. Inbound calls generally ring once and go straight to voicemail for all three phones.

If anyone can point me to a working post for downgrading to v 3.1.3 of the iPhone OS, I'd love to isolate this problem.

Obviously, this is a real pain since the reason I purchased a microcell is the non-existent AT&T signal in my house.

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

6. Trash Can macrumors member

I'd appreciate this info too, although for a different reason that the OP. I wish I didn't download iOS4 for my 3G. :(

If possible, please keep it as simple as possible. Many thanks!

7. toddwoodford macrumors newbie

i am having problems with ios4 and microcell as well. I have turn airplane mode on and off for it to find the signal. Any ideas or just wait for ios 4.1?

8. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

That comes up again and again as a cure for many ills. Worth a try (though you'll have to re-enter your WiFi credentials and maybe a few other things). Meanwhile the advice to contact AT&T is good too.

9. techwarrior macrumors 6502

techwarrior

10. audiomixer macrumors member

11. gjcvisuals macrumors newbie

AT&T Microcell Issues

Greetings. I had the same issues with my Microcell. After the Ios4 was released (but I had not installed on either of my two Iphones) i lost the microcell service. M-Cell 5 bars on both phones, unable to call in or out, no voice mail, text only. My 3g IPAD had the same issues. After 7 days and multiple calls to AT&T(1.5 hours with tech support who had no clue) , I finally decided to just do a complete re-install of the Microcell. Works great now.
    Go to the Manage Device page of AT&T, select Disconnect Your 3G Microcell Device, the unit will lose signal. Then power off, disconnect and go through the Registration and Install proceedures. After 90 Minutes-I now have 5 bars of Microcell service on all devices.

12. macpwrbook macrumors newbie

Microcell keeps cutting out after a while / flashing 3G

I got my microcell yesterday and everything set up fine, I got the text that it was ready to go and it worked for 5 minutes and then the 3G light started flashing again. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started working again for 10 minutes and cut out and started flashing. I moved it to another location in my house connected directly to my router (before it was hooked up to my airport which was hooked up to the router). It started working better and I used it for an hour or so, I went to bed and this morning it was flashing again! Anyone else having this issue where the 3G keeps cutting out and flashing