ios4 and battery life on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nikkecole, Jun 22, 2010.

1. nikkecole macrumors newbie

Ok. So I updated yesterday without any problems and actually thought my battery life had improved slightly. Well...I plugged in my phone to charge overnight and today have noticed the battery depleting rather quickly. Checked my battery status and it has a usage time of 6hrs and 59 min. and a standby time of 6 hrs and 59 min. I'm at work and have not been using my phone very much. I also closed out all of the "multi-tasking" apps in the "background" (just in case)and it hasn't helped. Any recommendations?!?

2. ByteHawk macrumors newbie

same here
    was fully loaded last night
    this morning at 80 %
    now at 23.00 hrs its 20%

ok I did play a little with the new features, but not that much

on ios3 I could go 3 days without recharging

3. GMAN6 macrumors newbie

This is another problem I have as well as the iPod crashing after 5 sec.

4. pyroo macrumors member

mine was at 100%, 8 hours later, 30% with just some texting and about 30min of music, hope this gets fixed soon

5. SingaporeStu macrumors regular

The rate of drain on mine is even faster. I was fully charged when I unplugged this morning. I listened to radio on my local internet radio app, checked a few emails, then quit all the unnecessry apps that were in the multi-tasking taskbar.

Now, a mere 1 hour after after I unplugged and went to work, I am at 69%.

I know my usage patterns can be high, but this is ridiculous. Last night, the battery went from 40% to 0 in less than 2 hours, doing absolutely nothing! I thought a reset might fix that, but apparently not...

What is going on?

6. nikkecole thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. Well...I plugged in my iphone to charge yesterday (night) and this morning after it had charged ALL night the percentage of battery was at 99%. It can't even get to 100. I'm at work now...and so far my usage and standby times are different today (much more of an improvement since yesterday where they were the same!) but...the battery still seems to be draining quicker than before. Boo.

7. travis123 macrumors newbie

8. MichaelnEwton macrumors newbie

Poor battery life ios4

Upgrade my 32g 3GS, love the new look and feel, mail is substantially improved but whereas I could previously get through the day on a charge, now the battery life seems to be literally going down before my eyes. Is this meant to induce us to buy an iphpne4 with the bigger battery.

This is a big problem apple!!!

Please fix it and quickly

9. ingricky macrumors newbie