Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbob

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
I have the GM installed and it works for me but crashes pretty quickly. I am using Windows 7 and Safari 5 to connect if it matters.

I travel for work and need to tether bad once in a while. I never use much bandwith when I do it as its usually to use some work tools. I currently pull the SIM out and put it in my Windows Mobile phone to tether but am so sick of that and I have owned Netshare from way back.

I suppose at some point I should just consider jailbreaking but I do hear mywi doesnt work with iOS4 and pdanet isnt that great but I never tried this.

mbob

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
Oh, and I do not want a tether plan because I do not want to loose my 5GB $30. I can't believe AT&T did that.

kodek

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
Oh, and I do not want a tether plan because I do not want to loose my 5GB $30. I can't believe AT&T did that.

There's a thread where we discussed the unlimited plan, and it truly is unlimited. The 5 GB limit is for tethered plans. Keep in mind that doing any kind of tethering without a tethering plan is prohibited in their terms of use, though... not that I know of anyone getting caught.

costas

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
When you say it works but crashes pretty quickly what do you mean? Do you have any idea why it crashes?

BugDave

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2003
Detroit
NetShare DOES work on iOS 4

I just tested NetShare on iOS 4 using my iPhone 3GS and can confirm that it does indeed work the same as it did on 3.x

NetShare for the win! :)

UPDATE: I just tested with my new iphone 4 and NetShare DOES NOT work well at all. It seems to crash every time I load this web page, refresh my RSS, or almost anything else. Can someone help confirm the crashing issue?

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    73.7 KB · Views: 66
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    31.6 KB · Views: 59

BugDave

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2003
Detroit
I edited my last post thinking it would change my post date and bumpt the thread for people to see. Apparently it doesn't work like that. Anyway, Please read my update above this post which includes new information concerning the iphone 4. :(

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
I'm trying it right now - and you know what? It's fast! but, yes, I'm sure it's buggy.

I wish AT&T would make it available on the unlimited plan.

BugDave

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2003
Detroit
I'm trying it right now - and you know what? It's fast! but, yes, I'm sure it's buggy.

I wish AT&T would make it available on the unlimited plan.
I'm getting the feeling that you are referring to the official iPhone Tethering. This thread is in reference to the old iphone app called "NetShare" which was only in the app store for a few days before Apple pulled it.

Zathu

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2006
Maryland
I just tested NetShare on iOS 4 using my iPhone 3GS and can confirm that it does indeed work the same as it did on 3.x

NetShare for the win! :)

UPDATE: I just tested with my new iphone 4 and NetShare DOES NOT work well at all. It seems to crash every time I load this web page, refresh my RSS, or almost anything else. Can someone help confirm the crashing issue?

I just tested as well and got similar results. Guess I'll be jailbreaking. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.