Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Hi guys

I have iPod Touch 2g (16gb), and after upgrading to ios4 i am encountering severe battery draining, I have found few topics in the apple forum regarding this problem, is there a fix or should I pray for apple to release 4.1 that may address this problem? it is kinda pissing me off, not only that i had to downgrade but it also drained my battery completely dry what aint healthy for the Li-Po battery....

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Hi guys

I have iPod Touch 2g (16gb), and after upgrading to ios4 i am encountering severe battery draining, I have found few topics in the apple forum regarding this problem, is there a fix or should I pray for apple to release 4.1 that may address this problem? it is kinda pissing me off, not only that i had to downgrade but it also drained my battery completely dry what aint healthy for the Li-Po battery....
Turning off push-notifications and try from there. I highly doubt that 4.1 will be available for a 2G.

fuco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Turning off push-notifications and try from there. I highly doubt that 4.1 will be available for a 2G.

push-notification or wifi BT just wont help, and 4.1 has already been confirmed for ipod touch 2g but not sure if its fixing the problem

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
push-notification or wifi BT just wont help, and 4.1 has already been confirmed for ipod touch 2g but not sure if its fixing the problem
Turning off push notifications has helped battery life for many people.

So 4.1 will just be for the 2G? Is it just going to be 4.0 without all the problems? Sorry.

fuco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Turning off push notifications has helped battery life for many people.

So 4.1 will just be for the 2G? Is it just going to be 4.0 without all the problems? Sorry.

no its for all supported devices,(except iphone2G and touch 1g) but there is an issue with ipod touch 2G and ipod touch 3G 4.0 that it drains around 10 times more battery compared to 3.x.x

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
All iOS 4 updates will be available for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 3rd generation.

To OP - turning off Push Notifications did help me a lot.

al1cre

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
It seems to help if I make sure all of the suspended apps are killed. I wish there was some visual indication of how many apps were suspended to remind me to turn them off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.