iOS4 battery issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fuco, Jul 14, 2010.

1. fuco macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I have iPod Touch 2g (16gb), and after upgrading to ios4 i am encountering severe battery draining, I have found few topics in the apple forum regarding this problem, is there a fix or should I pray for apple to release 4.1 that may address this problem? it is kinda pissing me off, not only that i had to downgrade but it also drained my battery completely dry what aint healthy for the Li-Po battery....

2. markojug macrumors regular

I have been experiencing these issues as well. Let's just wait and see if the new iOS 4.1 fixes the issue.

3. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Turning off push-notifications and try from there. I highly doubt that 4.1 will be available for a 2G.

4. fuco thread starter macrumors newbie

push-notification or wifi BT just wont help, and 4.1 has already been confirmed for ipod touch 2g but not sure if its fixing the problem

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Turning off push notifications has helped battery life for many people.

So 4.1 will just be for the 2G? Is it just going to be 4.0 without all the problems? Sorry.

6. fuco thread starter macrumors newbie

no its for all supported devices,(except iphone2G and touch 1g) but there is an issue with ipod touch 2G and ipod touch 3G 4.0 that it drains around 10 times more battery compared to 3.x.x

7. celticpride678

All iOS 4 updates will be available for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 3rd generation.

To OP - turning off Push Notifications did help me a lot.

8. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Had the same problem. Downgraded to 3.1.2. Solved.

9. al1cre macrumors member

It seems to help if I make sure all of the suspended apps are killed. I wish there was some visual indication of how many apps were suspended to remind me to turn them off.

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Oh, ok.