iOS4 Directory Spreadsheet - A guide to various tweaks asked frequently on forums.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aelalfy, Sep 20, 2010.

1. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi Everyone,

This is a new thread created and dedicated to iOS4 directory locations for various tweaks. As many of you probably noticed, many new comers and even advanced individuals come on here to ask various questions such as:

1) how do I change x.png icon

2) where can I find this location

And so on, this spreadsheet is publicly viewable to everyone and aims at helping those looking for directory and various tweaks.

Note: Credit goes to KentuckyHouse for acquiring about a guide for directory structures. I myself came up with the idea to make it a spreadsheet so that allowing various people to contribute and therefore increase the chances of it actually being done and constantly updated. It would be tedious for someone to sit down and create a .doc or some sort of online post with all the directories, and hence the creation of this spreadsheet to aid in that process.

Note 2: Even though its publicly viewable only certain people will be able to edit it at the moment. This is mandatory to avoid spamming as well as erasing of important information.

Note 3: If you would like to add anything you can either post it in this thread and one of the people who have editing privilege can add it to the spreadsheet, or you can PM with your email and ill be glad to add you.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Alu9lpgJnqNqdGc4M2RxSkJkMlhrWmZJcXlyUklhQnc&hl=en

Thank you,
    AE

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

3. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea it is :)

If you would like to contribute (based on tweaks you did on your phone), let me know by PM'ing me your email.

Thanks
    AE

4. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

+1, would save me a Google search every time I change something. If you need input I'll gladly help

5. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That would be great. Please PM your email and I'll add your email so you can edit the spreadsheet.

Thanks
    AE

6. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

This is a great idea, but there's a lot of common images that are stored in artwork files. For instance, AFAIK the signal bar images are stored in an itunes artwork file that can't be modified normally, and the only way to edit those is through winterboard.

EDIT: Also this may be iOS4 specific, since they changed a lot of directories with iOS4.

7. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Done my Contribution for today. I'll add more tomorrow as I remember more directories.

Thanks
    AE

8. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

EXCELLENT aelalfy! But I don't deserve any credit for this...trust me, I only had the idea flash into my brain...lol. YOU did the hard part and leg work.

Thank you so much for seeing this through to fruition! I'm sure it's going to help a lot of people make subtle (and not so subtle) changes to their phones to personalize it to their liking.

Again, THANK YOU! You, sir, have just earned a 12-pack of your favorite brew (or bottle of your favorite bubbly, if that's your persuasion). :D

9. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

HAHAHA, thanks man, but yea I always like to make sure everyone gets the credit they deserved. I hope you can contribute yourself to the spreadsheet.

PM your email and ill add you, one I add you, you can access it and EDIT whatever you like.

NOTE: Special Thanks to moussekateer for being the first official person to add to this spreadsheet, along with me of course :).

NOTE 2: How do we get this thread put up as a "sticky"?

Thanks
    AE

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Excellent idea. Been looking for something like this.

11. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

12. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

WEll thats how it was (is now), but before someone thought it was funny to change all tweaks to say "tweaks", anyways I know who it is and gave them a piece of my mind.

Check it now, it should be fixed.

Thanks
    AE

13. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

wow. thats what i saw last night when i checked it out. it must have jsut been done because i saw your comments about please changing it back.. thanks everyone!!!

14. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool.

To everyone, please feel free to PM me with your email, so I can add you to the list. Only serious people (not that douchebag that spammed it yesterday).

Thanks
    AE

15. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Mods...can we PLEASE get this as a sticky at the top of the Hacks forum? We need to make it obvious to posters who might want to add to the list.