(iOS4) every freaking app i open...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wesk702, Jun 10, 2010.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

ends up in the multitask bar. I know i can delete it indivitually but kind of annoying. Is there a way to just enable it individually instead of having all this junk i gotta disable?

2. rossihvac macrumors regular

rossihvac

Multitasking isn't working right now so your recently used apps stay in the bar until you manually remove them. When multitasking is finally implemented then they will be removed automatically

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

No, that's not the case. That's a fast app switching bar. Any app you open goes down there, multitasking or not. Even if a background app crashes/quits its icon will still stay down there.

4. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

ahh, cool. Just as long it's not like this later.
    that would suck

5. r3voLoL macrumors member

Every app you open will be down there until it fills up to its max (I have no idea what that max is). It's designed that way.

6. angevil macrumors regular

This reminds me of the old lady calling about Pacman game on Google. :p

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

That's the way it will be. It's a recently-used apps list. Things stay there, most recently used first, unless you delete them. It does absolutely no harm for them to be there; its just a quick way to switch apps without returning to the home screen.

8. William Gates macrumors 6502

William Gates

que?

9. rossihvac macrumors regular

rossihvac

Oops, I wasn't aware of the recently used items staying there, mea culpa

10. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Really? Where do you come across that informaiton. For the record what you have is what will be delviered so you are incorrect.

11. bripab007 macrumors 6502

Well, it is true that no third-party apps, that I'm aware of, are currently utilizing 4.0's multitasking ability, and I think a lot of folks are confusing the app-switcher list with multitasking and vice versa.

That said, the first-party/native apps already have backgrounding/multitasking/saved states/whatever-the-heck-you-wanna-call-it built in, as you can see by switching back and forth between iPod, Mail, Phone, SMS, Safari, Settings, App Store, etc.

12. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Fast-switch bar keeps track of ALL the apps you have open (including camera, Setting, etc). I noticed this morning that it cleared up over night so I had no apps showing in the bar this morning...