iOS4 Firmware for iPhone 3G [DISAPPOINTING] [ReadFull]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iMacBoy, Jun 24, 2010.

1. iMacBoy macrumors 6502

Right so..

I waited until the 4.0 firmware would come out for my iPhone 3G, happy that we could finally do a wallpaper on home screen, and took me ages to update the firmware yesterday and came to find and be very pissed off that only 3Gs and 4G users could have home screen wallpaper + gaming center + multitasking.
    This made me annoyed :mad:
    I have always wanted to follow apple's terms and rules..
    but because of this disappointing update..
    i'm afraid that i will probably jailbreak my iPhone..

A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT JAILBREAK
    1. When you have jailbroken you iPhone, what happenes when you plug it into iTunes? - Will it sync all cydia apps or can i still sync music from itunes to my jailbroken iphone without any interuptions?

Thanks guys..

2. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

You can still sync media and other stuff from iTunes, it will not sync Cydia apps to your iTunes though.

3. iMacBoy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks man so its basiclly the same routine as it is without jailbreak, but you can get free cydia aps and themes.

thanks again.

4. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

So you're annoyed because you failed to read the feature list that's been available here and on Apple's site for over a week now.
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

P.S. Game Center is not in the final release, only in the GM and it doesn't work. ;)

5. Ultrakla$$ic macrumors member

I've come to realize my iPhone was a TURD before I broke down and jailbroke and unlocked it. It's what the 3G should have been like in the first place. I'm not pissed, nor perturbed, but instead STOKED that these options are available to us end-users now.:cool: Cydia is the freakin bomb!!

Just DO IT!;)

6. iMacBoy thread starter macrumors 6502

I have about 500 songs and about 20 aps on my iPhone 3G, do i need to restore before i jailbreak or can i keep it all on there?

7. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

I had bad luck with my 3G and doing anything but a "Restore as new" and just tossing everything back on after it was jailbroken. But like with many things, YMMV

8. Ultrakla$$ic macrumors member

I synced all my info, songs, contacts, yada, yada within Itunes and it put them all back on my phone even after I JB and unlocked it. I didn't lose one thing. I did the "shift+click on Update" trick.

I'm not saying you will be as lucky, just my own personal experience.;)

9. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

I jailbroke my 3g but I'm going back to non-jailbreak 4.0 right now.
    My 3g just lags too much with JB 4.0, after buttons in the settings were taking 3 seconds to respond I decided today I was going back. Multitasking without the speed of the 3gs or iphone 4 just becomes an equal alternative to going to the home menu and opening an app, switching is slow for most apps and safari has to reload pages when you switch back. Also I lost MMS with the jailbreak which I miss. I'll just wait until the iphone 4 is here in canada for multitasking