iOS4 - Folders or screens or both?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeekGuys, Jun 22, 2010.

1. GeekGuys macrumors regular

Just a quick poll to see how people will use the folders feature. I have organised 6+ screens full of icons into 1 home screen and a bunch of folders. I like the cleaner look (don't forget, you can use folders on the dock as well).

Basically, I organised by function....(OK I may have too much time on my han ds!)
    Messaging
    Media
    Games
    Business
    Built In

etc etc

So, what is the preference? How will you organise your icons? Do you really care? :)

2. danwms macrumors member

I don't think ill put everything into folders.

3. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

My main reason for wanting folders was to fit more than 16 games or Apps in one folder so I can eliminate several screens.

Just found out that I can only fit 12 apps in one folder...........I wanted to fit more than 16 apps and now apple has reduced that to 12 :confused:

Looks like it will have to be Games1 Games2 etc, cant complain as every update is welcome :D

4. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Folders have always had a 12 app limit - ever since the first developer beta.

I wonder if the iPad version will be the same...

5. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I've just played around with Folders to see what I can come up with. Best reason for me so far is the fact that I can make one folder called (Apple Junk)

My (Apple Junk) folder consists of the following...........

Contacts - Never been able to work out why you would want a contacts icon when you can access contacts through the (Phone App) Icon.
    Compass - Don't use it, some might like it but I dont.
    Weather - Not Accurate at all, looks great though with a great UI.
    Stocks - Much Better Apps available, also not all people have an interest in Stocks but Apple doesn't allow us to remove this App from our screens.

Thanks Apple for giving us folders, 4 of my junk apps have been condenced to just 1 :D Hope you give us the option to be able to remove them completely from our lovely iPhones in a future update.