iOS4 Multitasking Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kevin899, Jun 23, 2010.

1. kevin899 macrumors newbie

I have a unlocked (ultrasn0w) + jailbroken (redsn0w) iPhone 3G. I enabled multitasking through redsn0w. It was working awesome at first but after I installed some packages from cydia, the multitasking just stopped working. Multitasking works fine in Safe Mode, which probably means than some springboard extension was doing something.

(Update)
    Also, the icon labels on my home screen are gray and have no shadows. That doesn't happen in safe mode. When I try to double-click the home button in an application, it just freezes for a few seconds and returns to where I was. If I do it at the home screen, the multitasking bar appears at the bottom of the screen but it's completely blank. These are the packages I've installed off of cydia:

Activator
    Autolock SBSettings
    Cycorder
    GV Mobile
    MakeItMine
    SBSettings Tethering toggle
    ultrasn0w
    VoIPover3G
    WinterBoard
    xGPS
    3G EDGE (for WinterBoard)

The italicized ones are the ones I've tried uninstalling.

2. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

If you hack it, you break it...

3. kevin899 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ALG4 macrumors newbie

Yeah, you're basically doing multitasking already with winterboard, and then adding Apple's to it too. The 4.0 multitasking runs on the 3g, but it's still pushing it with it's 128MB of ram. My guess is that if you ran winterboard + multitasking on a 3gs, you wouldn't see the issue.

You might try re-jailbreaking and not enabling the home screen wallpaper (since you're using winterboard anyway), and see if that makes a difference.

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Obviously!! I can never understand why people who jailbreak their phones wonder why they don't always run correctly! :rolleyes:

6. celticpride678

WinterBoard was updated earlier today so multitasking should work with it now.