iOS4 music stutter..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brownstonemr, Jul 2, 2010.

1. brownstonemr macrumors newbie

So I have a itouch 2g and installed the latest iOS4 on it. I did a complete restore and then dragged my mp3 folder over into ITunes 9.2 to copy to the ipod. I have done this twice now.

Now when I fast forward through a track on the itouch its not a smooth sounding transition like before. Also on some track parts the song will stutter and skip.

I checked the original tracks on hd and they are fine. If I transfer the bad track from the itouch back onto my hd it still sounds messed.

Anyone else have this issue? Also does anyone know if its a Itunes thing or the new iOS4.

Thanks.

2. brownstonemr thread starter macrumors newbie

3. brownstonemr thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I don't have an iOS device, but the music is stuttering in my iTunes library. It's like listening to a scratched CD. However, on my nano, there's no stuttering. It's weird. Hopefully Apple will fix it with a patch.

5. brownstonemr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for the reply. Yeah I transferred the music from my library the first time so it could determine gapless quicker. 2nd time I dragged my music folder over. Also I am using 64-bit of Itunes. Maybe I should try 32-bit of 9.2 or just use older itunes versions or sharepod.

Either way 9.2 shouldn't have been released like this. Luckily I back everything up and don't think of my ipod as a storage device but just a player. Cause to have the transferred mp3 file damaged after transfer is not good.

6. jjimenez92 macrumors newbie

same thing happens to me and i hate it!... but the song skipping only started after I jailbroke my iPod. It only happens like twice a week so it's not that bad for me.

7. brownstonemr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thought I would bump this thread to see if anyone had the same issues or fixes.

Currently have 4.02 installed with Itunes 9.2.1.4 installed. Sharepod doesn't work with os4 so I can't try that. I did however try copytransmanager and that enabled to test copying songs over that way. I copied a few albums over and was listening to a track and it had a giant skip in the middle.

So to me it may not be a Itunes thing but an os4 thing that is ruining the songs.

I would be happy to remove os 4 but I have read apple don't allow that so its not an easy process.

Two other issues I have is that my ipod touch takes forever at the updating library screen after adding new songs. Also in Itunes I like to sort my library and touch in the date added column. However when ever I import an album to either it jumbles up the track order. If adding more that one album at a time the tracks are all over the place. It never used to do this.

Well any info on fixing these problems would be great. Thx.