iOS4 on 3GS.. Camera App gone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peteullo, Jun 21, 2010.

1. peteullo macrumors regular

I thought I was crazy but apparently not.. I upgraded my 32gb 3GS to 4.0 today and for some odd reason the camera application completely disappeared. I had no folders created so I know it wasn't hiding anywhere. What's even stranger is that in iTunes under the application settings for the phone the camera icon showed up in the little screen for arranging your layout. So after I synced the phone it had disappeared in iTunes as well.

My next step in all this was to restore the phone... Which I did. Everything started working fine. Once I restored my settings from my backup I had the same problem again!

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? Everything else works perfectly fine with the exception of that? Is my backup file somehow corrupt? I am going crazy here people.. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Wailord macrumors 6502

That's very weird. :confused: Does it show up in Spotlight?

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I have never heard of such a thing... weird. Looks like your just won't be able to use your backup though...

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Are you sure you didn't just disable the camera in the settings?

5. draz macrumors 6502a

Lol just about to mention that. Check your restrictions and make sure that it is set to the ON position and not OFF

6. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

I had this same problem, only it was with the SMS app. Were you jailbroken before? I was, and I had my text icon in the 5 icon dock. I don't quite remember what I did to fix it (I think I jailbroke the iOS 4.0 and that fixed it) but I'm pretty sure if you go into settings --> restore and restore your home screen layout, and some of the other settings, you shouod be good to go.

7. peteullo thread starter macrumors regular

Wait really? lol.. I didn't even know you can do that. I'll check it out I guess.

8. peteullo thread starter macrumors regular

My phone was never jail broken.

9. peteullo thread starter macrumors regular

BINGO! You my sir are a gentleman! lol. I had no idea this section even existed. I really appreciate the help!

OK.. Take it back.. It won't let me change the Camera between on and off. It's just stuck on off. It let's me change everything else but that one.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

yeah, thanks draz. :rolleyes:

11. draz macrumors 6502a

Yay!

Damn restictions... I just keep mine off all the time. I don't like restricting myself....

And it was TuffLuffJimmy who posted first not me :p

12. peteullo thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry.. I messed up the last post... It is definitely a restriction issue but it won't let me toggle the camera between on and off. I have the correct password and I am able to change every other restriction but that one.

Also even with restrictions off it still doesn't show up. This is soo weird!

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Interesting. It's possible your phone's profile was messed up and your camera was disabled in the way that they disable it in corporate environments. If that's the case you'll either have to manually modify your profile (no idea how to do that) or restore.