iOS4 on 3GS rocks!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prism, Jul 1, 2010.

1. prism macrumors 6502a

I just wanted to share my experience after updating my 3GS to the latest OS. I feel the phone is way more responsive, love the unified inbox, the app folders and the wallpaper option. I was planning to get the iPhone 4 but now I have serious second thoughts, basically I'm a happy camper.
    What has your experience been on the 3GS?

2. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

I don't think you're going to find a whole lot of people who have 3GS'. ;)

EDIT: I have no clue what I was thinking when I posted this. I'm glad you're enjoying your 3Gs. :)

3. JonBorichef macrumors regular

JonBorichef

The performance on the 3G S does significantly increase, works great, very fast and responsive. Love it! :D

4. insanoshano08 macrumors member

+1

4.0 is amazing on my 3GS. Completely fixed my battery issue I have had since 3.1. Definitely making the wait for the White iPhone 4 much better.

5. ianray macrumors 6502

I'm very satisfied indeed! There are a lot of improvements in iOS4 that really make a difference -- Mail and Quick Look in particular.

I like the Fast Application Switcher (aka Multitasking Dock) and find myself using it, despite having only 5 pages of Apps :D

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I like iOS on the 3GS a lot too, but. Does anyone else find game speed issues on iOS? Guitar Hero for instance has more slowdowns (even after the recent update) on iOS 4 than it did on 3.1.2....

OTOH almost everything else works wonderfully, and I'm so happy about the unified inbox. :)

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I have an i4 now, but stilkl have my 3GS and upgraded it to iOS4 as well, a much better phone now IMO, I feel my 3GS is better in some ways then my i4.

8. apbwolf macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

My 3GS on 4.0 is great. Having more than one exchange account, multitasking integrated inbox, wallpapers have made this great phone even better. Personally, I have no reason to upgrade my device.

9. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Hmmm... I actually stumbled upon this thread while searching for a thread that addressed opposite views. How ironic.

I upgraded to iOS 4 on day one and absolutely loved it. However, as of yesterday, I've had some really funky issues with my 3GS. The camera app launched then froze up before the shutter graphic had a chance to disappear. I powered it off and then back on and it seemed to take care of it. However, on two occasions since that, while my phone was in sleep mode and I tried to unlock by swiping the unlock 'button', it just freezes up right before my home-screen pops up. I had to do a hard reset and it's okay, but it's twice now.

Anyone else having these type of issues, or know of any suggestions that might correct this?

10. h00ligan macrumors 68030

11. arykmax macrumors regular

It has been great for me. I will say that I have seen a battery decrease but nothing too drastic. I can still make it through the day without it dying so I really don't have any complaints. Made it easier for me to wait out my current contract and see what comes out next year.