iOS4 on a 3GS - Pandora shuts down when switching to another app.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xfusejc, Jun 10, 2010.

1. xfusejc macrumors 6502

I realize it's not truly "multitasking" and that the apps are in a state of hibernation and what have you, but in the demo at WWDC, Pandora played in the background while another app was open.

Everytime I'm playing Pandora and I switch to something else (be it Safari, or sending a text message), Pandora stops playing. When I go back into the app, it continues right where the song that was playing left off, but there's no way to have it run at the same time as I'm doing other things? Like the iPod, basically?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Pandora won't update their app to do that until iOS 4 and the new iPhone are released.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's no iOS compatible apps available yet. They need to be updated to use the new APIs to allow multitasking. Apple is not approving any app that's using the iOS4 sdk yet.

4. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

I was reading that today was the day they would start submitting iOS 4 compatible apps. Now does that mean submit? Or does that mean they will start releasing today? Would be nice to try out.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

NO iOS 4 app ( ones submitted specifically for iOS 4 ) will be released until the iOS is released.

6. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

I think I remember 3.0 apps being released early last year. I wouldn't doubt that they slowly trickle in....

7. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

well, if they said they are going to submit today I think we can assume it means they are going to submit today. :rolleyes:

8. Branskins macrumors 65816

Steve said 95% of apps that are submitted are approved within 7 days. This increase now that multitasking is in, but who knows?

Maybe Apple will wait until iOS 4 is released before they actually approve the apps.

And by the way, submission != approval

9. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

10. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

If i was apple, i would try and start approving apps early so these are ready for 4.0