IOS4 on a 3GS.. This OS is tweaked!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sledneck36, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Sledneck36 macrumors member

There is allot of glitches in this OS. Freezing, stuck on "ending call" screen. Hitting the home button when locked to see if there is a text and the phone won't respond Then I have to reboot the phone. It gets suck on the apple logo for 5 minutes.. UGH...
    A few other issues but... I can't think of them now.. My phone worked perfectly prior to installing this update.. Now... Its become unreliable.

Anyone else????

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

On a year old 3GS and have none of the problems you describe. I've not had one issue except with apps not yet updated for ios 4.

3. xmtgx macrumors regular

General consensus seems to be that the 3gs handles it fine and the 3g has issues, I'd recommend reinstalling the iOS to see if it helps.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Ditto! :D

5. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Yes the OS is tweaked to run on the 3GS, that's why they got a different build for each iPhone.