iOS4 on iPod Touch 2G, how well does it run?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by McBeats, Jun 8, 2010.

1. McBeats macrumors 6502a

I currently have 3.1.2 on it, and seems to do everything I need it to do.

Now, I'm going to get the iPhone 4, and probably going to hand this itouch 2g device over to my mom or dad.

Right before I give it to them, I want to put iOS 4 on it, so it is up to date, but I'm afraid of the performance compared to the os3 (in which os3 runs fine, everyone here complained its slow, but I never messed with os2 so I have nothing to compare it to)

Any developers (or anyone for that matter) install iOS4 on the 2g ipod touch? If so, then how well does it run compared to os3? are the new features (the only features that the 2g would work) good enough to make the switch? or should I just stick with the OS3? or is it iphone only for the meantime til september?

Thanks for listening! ... plz dont flame me, or I'll start spraying the fire extinguisher.

2. ahBFC macrumors newbie

I'm using it right now, and I find the speed is just the same as the current one. No problems yet but only been using it a few hours so only time will tell.

3. rjenovai macrumors member

Runs well. Get the update when it's released on the 21st. Can't beat the cost!