Ios4 Push Notifications Not Working On 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yogi bear, Jun 28, 2010.

1. yogi bear macrumors newbie

yogi bear

Hi people right slight problem ive just jailbroke my iphone 3gs on ios4 using the snowbreeze 1.6 all is good only my push notifications have stopped working on whatsapp and ping2 ive done the push fix through cydia which fixed my you tube not working and ive followed other guides to try and fix but no joy as of yet anyone else have a fix or idea how to fix thanks in advance

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm willing to bet that's the root of your problem.

3. yogi bear thread starter macrumors newbie

yogi bear

Sorry whats the root of my problem?

4. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

Mine isn't jb yet, but I was having a problem with email notifications not pushing. Try stopping the offending apps from backgrounding. Just remove them from the tray and push should come back. At least it did for me.

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

That you used Snowbreeze :)

6. yogi bear thread starter macrumors newbie

yogi bear

Is snowbreeze really that bad? I only used it because it was the only way to jb ios4 I've tried deleting the apps in the tray and still didn't work I'm just wondering is it because the apps arnt ios4 compatible yet

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Not the same thing. There is an issue with exchange in iOS4, that's why mail isn't being push correctly. Plus there aren't a lot of app that I can think of that have push and backgrounding. Just because they are in the tray doesn't mean they are backgrounded.

I got a pretty big variance in file size when I tested it, from a couple hundred to 31MB, all with the same settings. I didn't trust it so I can some cooked on online.

8. yogi bear thread starter macrumors newbie

yogi bear

well as i say it was the only way i could run my phone on ios4 with a jailbreak it seems to be all fine using snowbreeze bar the push notifications

9. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

No, like I said you could have downloaded on of the many on the internet made with pwnage tools..

10. yogi bear thread starter macrumors newbie

yogi bear

11. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Wish I could get this program to run on 4.0 on my 3gs. The app won't display like it did under 3.x, even rebooting and reinstalling the program didn't help.