iOS4 - Sluggish keyboard - Anyone else notice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Melodeath, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

I updated my 3GS to iOS 4 the day it came out. I can't help but feel like the keyboard is more sluggish than it used to be. This is especially noticeable in the notepad app (possibly bc it seems to now be connecting online while I type instead of doing everything local as before). Anyone else feel this way?

I also don't like how it saves the screen orientation when you close the notepad app :(
    It's different from OS 3 in that way

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

are you talking about the Notes app? it could be because you are syncing your notes...that is new to iOS4

3. RobNor macrumors 6502

Noticed a sluggish keyboard on both the 3GS and ip4 both running IOS4 when opening a new tab in safari,going to google advanced search web version for the first time and typing in the search box.When the search has come up going back into the search box and typing again and it's back to normal speed

4. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

Bostonaholic

I have noticed a bit of sluggishness as well. In some aspects, iOS 4 is a bit "snappier" but some things, like typing and the time it takes a button to pop back up so I can click it again, is taking a bit more time.

3GS by the way.

5. oHai macrumors member

I've noticed the same thing, and some of my friends who've got iOS4 on their 3GS's agree. I notice it everywhere - messages, Safari, any app with a keyboard. I'm certainly making a lot more mistakes than I did before...

6. Melodeath thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, I'm glad it's not just me. Sort of sucks IMO :(

And yes, I notice it in texts as well

7. cmwall macrumors regular

Not on my iPhone 4 :cool:

But yes, my 3G was running terribly slow, especially with the keyboard.

8. Melodeath thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is starting to really annoy me. Is there any way to downgrade back to 3.1.3 without restoring from a backup and losing some of my pictures, texts etc.?

9. stphnman20 macrumors regular

Yes.. My 3G is slow as hell.. More like laggy.. :confused::apple: