iOS4 Status Bar files?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scvkurt03, Aug 15, 2010.

1. scvkurt03 macrumors newbie

Anyone know where the status bar files are on iOS4? I'd like to edit 'em and do some customizing...

Even a working clear status bar theme would do...none of the ones in Cydia seem to work...

2. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I have a working clear status bar, search Cydia for 'Transparent StatusBar for ios4' by styy1102.

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

What file did you edit to get it to be clear? I'm trying to turn it more transparent than it is now, but I can't find the file in the springboard.app folder.

4. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I didn't do anything, i just applied it in Winterboard.

5. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

the two images for the status bar (Default_BG.png, FST_BG.png and FSO_BG.png in 3.x.x days) are now Silver_Base.png (Default_BG.png) & Translucent_Base.png (FST_BG.png/FSO_BG.png) under theme/UIImages.

This is an excellent resource for converting themes from 3.xx versions.... just rename the files through iFile.

6. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Thanks pixelated, but where is the folder on the phone? I can't find a uiimages folder on the phone. I want to edit them myself and not use winterboard.

7. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

anybody know how to theme the images on the statusbar that are on top of cydia (and other cydia apps)?

8. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

There isn't a UIImages folder in the iphone's directory... the files are all in there somewhere and winterboard sorts it out... had a browse and couldn't find them, but have a look yourself... most of the stock images of this type are in and around /System/library/CoreServices though those specifically could be in an encrypted .artwork file

9. scvkurt03 thread starter macrumors newbie

Grayburn - thanks for ultimately helping me do what I wanted.
    Pixelated - thanks for answering my question!

10. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

OP did you ever figure out how to do it without winterboard?

theme/UIImages is the winterboard folder. Do you know where these files are, without winterboard, natively?