ios4's homescreen wallpaper on a 3G?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GPXtC02, Jun 21, 2010.

1. GPXtC02 macrumors newbie

I'm a little sad the 3G didn't get the home screen wallpaper feature (it can't be that taxing on RAM right) so I'm wondering what the best method of unlocking it is? I've never jailbroken' so I'm confused as to whether or not jailbreaking is recommended on this new iOS. Thanks!

2. celticpride678

The iPhone Dev Team just released a new redsn0w version that will work with jailbreaking the new OS. All steps are given in the wizard.

3. AppleAndrew1994 macrumors newbie

Jailbreaking in relation to iOS4

:apple:I'm pretty sure that the Spirit Jailbreak will work with iOS4, it works with the iPad, and i'm glad for the Spirit Jailbreak. I, with the spirit Jailbreak for iPhone and iPad, made the iPad a iPad 3G via the MyWi app for iPhone. It's cool stuff, if it bums you that bad, either upgrade iPhone or Jailbreak, there is no other option.:apple:

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Spirit doesn't work with iTunes 9.2 or iOS4 yet.

5. GPXtC02 thread starter macrumors newbie

right. also, redsn0w has been down for awhile. anyone have a cached link or mirror of the guide?
    additionally, i'm not on a mac - from what i read redsn0w 0.9.5 beta is exclusive to the mac.

6. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Nope, they released a Mac & Windows version.
    Windows Version

7. GPXtC02 thread starter macrumors newbie

you're a good man.

8. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

Do you point this to the "official" ispw or the GM?

9. Farfooz macrumors member

Farfooz

did you see why? theres an article on gizmodo where a person sent steve jobs an email. supposedly it cant handle the background shadow behind each icon, not suprised as the 3gs sometimes lags as well

10. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Simple, just remove that part using iFile after its jailbroken. You can easily remove the shadows behind the icons with a little searching around the net.