iOS5 apps installation...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghostlyorb, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

anyone else find it annoying when you restore from a backup.. how iOS5 will load a lot of apps then try to install 20+ apps at once.. and makes the phone unusable until all apps are installed? I wish you could set up to load apps then only install 1 or 2 at a time. Maybe Apple will change it later. I would send it as a bug, but I don't feel it is a bug. Just an inconvenience.. it would only happen once when you restore. So not a big deal I guess.

Just wanted to see if anyone else thought it was annoying. And if it would make sense to report it to Apple...

2. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

You know...it's funny. I've always wished that you could install more than one app at a time. Now that you can...I was okay with just one at a time.

3. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

They welcome feedback on usability just as much as bug reports. I've seen reports with just "I don't like this, it's ugly."

4. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Easiest solution for App installation is a full dump onto the NAND flash. This however locks up the phone for use since internal bandwidth is only so fast. While this means that you can pretty much install faster on the system, it's also going to take some time to transfer depending on speed of the port. This is the exact reason why we need higher internal bandwidth so we can perform RW functions faster. If Apple goes Thunderbolt for the next iPhone, we'll see a huge boost to performance for iTunes sync as well as just data transfer. If you guys jailbreak your phones, you can also just SSH in and dump your old App data into the phone.

5. ghostlyorb thread starter macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Well what I meant was that when you put your apps on, they transfer pretty fast. It's just the installation that takes forever. It loaded for me about 30 apps and tried to install them all at once. Which made the phone go to 100% CPU until all 130 apps were installed. (I was able to open up Activity Monitor).

6. ghostlyorb thread starter macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Oh okay cool. I might just send it in then!