iOS5 back up imcompatibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SeanEE89, Jun 30, 2011.

1. SeanEE89 macrumors regular

I have a friend who was running the iOS5 Beta on his iPhone4 GSM. He's trying to go back to 4.3.3.

However, when he tries to reload his phone with the back up he created while on iOS5 it won't load onto 4.3.3. He is running the iTunes 10.5 Beta.

It is my understanding that the iOS5 has some issues going back to 4 because of an update to the beta. I was hoping someone might have some input to get around this complication. He lost his older backups because his computer crapped out on him so those aren't an option.

Thanks.

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This has been my experience as well. I have 3 phones; 2 running iOS 5 and one on VZW's 4.2.8.

Of the two on iOS 5, one of them is the one I like to toy around with and stumble into bugs with. This being one of them.

3. SeanEE89 thread starter macrumors regular

So I take it you haven't found a solution to this problem either?

4. kguerrero macrumors newbie

I signed up just to answer your question, I might even stick around. Reason the backup he created on iOS5 is not restoring on 4.3.3 is because you CAN NOT use a backup from a higher version iOS on a lower version of iOS. Hope I answered your question.

Kel.