iOS5 Beta 1 Winterboard Support?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DSchwartz88, Jun 12, 2011.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

I'm seeing conflicting reports regarding whether winterboard is work on iOS5 or not. There is a shared google doc which states it does, however when I install Winterboard all my apps open up at 1/4 of the size (in the top left corner of the screen).

Any help would be appreciated :)

Is there a beta Winterboard repo out there?

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I seriously doubt any developers are going to fix their apps for an as-of-yet unreleased OS. It will probably be a week or two after the official release (or possibly way longer, depending on the JB) before everything works the way it did on 4.x

3. transam7816 macrumors regular

Winterboard works fine for me. as for the 1/4 thing..same thing happened to me and other people. It happened after I updated some packages cydia wanted me to update. It happens to cydia, winterboard, and the other app we don't speak of. To fix it temporarily, go into safe mode and then respring and they will be full screen again. That is until you reboot i believe. Then you have to do it again.

4. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Did it ever occur to you that people testing out the apps can provide useful feedback to the developers?

It goes a long way towards making them compatible with IOS5.

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Sure, except this is beta number ONE. For all we know there's going to be 5 more. I would at least wait until the GM, if I were a JB app developer.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

are we not talking about cydia apps? why would apple care about that feedback, unless they secretly are behind the whole jailbreak scene

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm still waiting for saurik to update it to work well on iOS 4.

8. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Haha, excellent point.